Friday, February 22, 2013

Swimming with Iguanas

Had we found this on our own I'd have turned right back around to go home!

I promptly reminded the girls about our "no touching the animals" rule.

Hooray for cookies!!!  Gotta have a treat after the beans and rice :)


Curled up with a good book.

Writing to friend back home.  Check out the bananas!!!
This morning I thought there wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary about today.  After a peaceful night free of dog drama we woke up to a lovely breakfast of homemade banana bread.  I also tried making cookies and they weren’t too bad.  I am pretty certain this is the first time I’ve ever made cookies without any kind of mixer.  I guess now its time to go off the grid and throw away my kitchenaid when I get home.  HaHa!  NOT!!!  I plan to be buried with that sucker! 
Anyway...My plans had been the beach but we got a little sidetracked and Gabby was dying to play with some other kids, so pool it was.  And that’s when I realized there is never an “ordinary” day here.  In the pool was what at first looked like a dead iguana.  When a more brave person than I went to scoop it out we realized it was very much not dead.  I am hear to tell you those suckers can really move in the water!  After being fished out another brave soul graciously held it up for pictures.  Thankfully that was about as exciting as the day got :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment